Sunday, January 4, 2009

15 February 1982


15 February 1982 was the day I reported for duty at the Department of Wildlife and National Parks Peninsular Malaysia. The office (then) was located at Block K19, Jalan Duta, Kuala Lumpur. The office was entirely made of wood (most people called it " Blok Kayu") and located next to the Federal Territory JPJ office. I have no new shirt or pant or shoe to wear when I reported for duty that day. Fortunately, my late cousin ( god blessed his soul) loaned me his leather shoe. My best long sleeve shirt was the one I got from Mokhtar pendek which I called baju Arrow nelayan because of the fish design on it. My late cousin sent me to work on the first day as I didn't know the location of the office and what bus to take. All I know is that I have to take the Sri Jaya bus from Chow Kit road. Looking forward to the job. At the same time, I also received job offers from SAFODA (Sabah Forest Development Corporation- based in Sabah), Forestry Department Peninsular Malaysia (based in KL) and PERNAS Holding (if I am not mistaken)- based in Hong Kong.

1 comment: